Review Questions for October 7th
If your child can answer these questions with confidence by the end of this week, they are in a good place for this week's material. If not, they may need some additional practice.
- How does friction effect objects?
- What things can cause an object to have more or less friction?
- What is Net Force, and how do we calculate it?
- Draw a force diagram that shows a person that is 100 kg accelerating toward the ground at 9.81 m/s/s. How much force is gravity pulling on them? Where is friction acting on the system? If air resistance is 10 N, what is the net force?
- How does a parachute help us land safely?
Next week we will have a science fair work day, and we will be learning about Newton’s third law of motion.