All 7th grade students are required to complete a science fair project. This will be a long term project throughout fall semester. Students have the opportunity to continue on and compete at the district level. This project will be done primarily at home, but will be broken into chunks with deadlines throughout the semester. The instructions for each piece are attached to this page, but will also be posted as they are assigned in the normal class feed. Please be aware that at the beginning of the year, the instructions may have the previous year's deadlines on them, so please check the science fair schedule for the correct due dates.
A couple things to be aware of at the start:
- Students are not required to perform an experiment for their project.
- If they do an experiment, All CUSEF paperwork (available at http://cusef.byu.edu/ once they post it.) must be entirely completed and submitted before beginning actual experimental testing.
- Any experiments involving people or animals as test subjects must be reviewed by a doctor or vet, who must sign the CUSEF form. There may be additional safety requirements depending on the experiment.
- Students are expected to spend at least 10 hours over the course of the semester working on their project.
- Students will complete a Final Project in the format of their choice for the Science fair in November.
- Parent volunteers will be needed for judging the school science fair in November and the District Science Fair in February at UVU